Here’s some of the best things I’ve been reading and paying attention to this week:
- I occasionally study pigments, so when I learned that researchers found a rare and expensive pigment in a medieval woman’s teeth, I was intrigued!
- This piece about the reactions to POC in “elite” circles was very thought provoking
- Because sometimes Marie Kondo goes too far, here’s a more realistic closet clean-out philosophy. I’m dealing with a bunch of clothes that don’t fit my body *right now* and this is definitely going to help.
- I’ve been aware of mug cakes for years, so I’m not sure if it qualifies as a recent trend, but it definitely does speak to something about the way we live now and the whole “self-care” mindset
- Alexandra Petri at the Washington Post writes some of my favorite satire. This list of suggestions for gov’t employees trying to make it through the shutdown is pretty great.
- The most recent episode of The Good Place goes political and perfectly encapsulates our current climate